It’s time for the Top Ten Tuesday blog hop hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This is my first official blog hop, so I am super excited to join in! This week’s hop will spotlight the characters I wish were in my family!
1. Dana Stevens from Trans-Sister Radio – I want Dana to be my cousin, simply because of the guts it takes to be true to yourself. Dana endured a sex change to become the woman she felt she was born to be. How brave is that?
2. Scout Finch from To Kill a Mocking Bird – I adored Scout the first time I read this book back in middle school. I thought she was the right mixture of brave and inquisitive, the perfect kid-sister.
3. August Boatwrite from Secret Life of Bees – She is spunky mother-type, who would love you to death and stand up for you without question. I think August would make a fantastic Aunt!
4. Bernadine Harris from Waiting to Exhale – She’d make a great BFF. I mean who doesn’t love a woman who can get pissed off enough to burn a car in her driveway???
5. Max from Maximum Ride – Would be the perfect little sister. I mean she’s got super-human powers and good sense. She can stand strong on her own two feet, she doesn’t run away from danger, and she’s loyal.
6. Lisbeth Salander from the Girl Who Played With Fire (Millennium Trilogy) – She’s awesome! A tad bit anti-social, but awesome nonetheless. She will be a loyal friend or cousin (from a distance), but she will hunt you down and kill you if you cross her. Plus she’s little, not your typical butt-kicker, but don’t underestimate her.
7. Easy Rawlins from Devil in a Blue Dress – Easy could easily be my uncle (pun intended). He’s the perfect cross between good and bad. He will do what he has to do (legal or not),but he’s got a conscience. If there is trouble, he’s sure to find it, if it doesn’t find him first.
8. Adrienne Willis from Nights in Rodanthe – I love her! We could totally stay holed up in that North Carolina inn and cry ourselves to oblivion! We could drink coffee and reminisce. Talk about lost loves and hope for the future. Total sister material.
9. Chip Reardon from Never Change – I just thought he was an overall great guy. If his fate weren’t already sealed, we could have been the best of friends, maybe he could even be my brother, since I don’t have one.
10. Cannie Shapiro from Good in Bed – I didn't like her very much at first, she annoyed me a bit. But once her spine grew in a bit, she was a favorite! I don’t think I could make a her a close relative, but maybe a second or third cousin or something.